mind Tonic by Dr. Samantha Boardman, Positive Prescription
1. Appearance: Studies show well-rested people are judged to be younger, more attractive and more competent.
2. Brighter Mood: People feel better and brighter when they get adequate sleep. Poor sleep is linked with clinical depression.
3. Manage Stress: It is easier to respond to challenges in productive ways when well rested.
4. Appetite Control: Not sleeping enough leads to increased hunger and is linked with weight gain.
5. Brain Boosting: A good nights sleep is critical for protecting brain health and preventing volume loss.
7. Weight Loss: Total sleep time and quality of sleep predicted the successful loss of fat in individuals enrolled in a weight loss program.
8. Reduce cravings: Studies show that people who are sleep deprived crave sweet and salty food.
9. Boost memory: Sleep and memory go hand in hand.
10. Optimal functioning: Even though some people claim they only need 4 or 5 hours of shuteye, studies show they are not functioning at their best.
11. Learn New Material: Studies show people retain information if they go to sleep shortly after learning it. It’s why all-nighters don’t work.
12. Performance: Getting extra sleep has been shown to improve athletic performance, alertness and mood. Well-rested football players improved sprint time in the 20-yard shuttle and 40-yard dash. Similar improvements were seen with basketball players.
I wish you all the best,