Hello, Glow Girls and Boys,
By now, you’ve probably at least heard about our fabulous new 3%!!! Retinol Peptide Resurfacing Complex if you’re not already using it alongside your other lovely Cellular Skin RX anti-aging serums.
And that’s the question, darlings, that I’ve been getting quizzed about nonstop since the wondrous complex came along: “Dr Glow Girl, how do I use it with my other oh-so-effective Cellular Skin RX serums and moisturizers?” “Dr Glow Girl, how do they work together? Do I get added benefits when I combine these wonderful formulas?” So, to keep ALL my darlings in the know, here’s my quickest and easiest non-doctor-like answers for you, my inquisitive, looking younger-than-your-years, Glow things.
- Retinol is a form of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is a lovely cell-communicator, getting along with all, definitely the most popular vitamin on the block and queen of her neighborhood. She directs cells on a deeper level to act like their younger more attractive, elastic, hydrated selves. And Vitamin A is a potent anti-oxidant, protecting young cells while directing older ones to repair themselves. Hygiene is important!
- Use it with Age-Limit Advanced Refinishing Serum and what happens? These two get along beautifully being compatible astrological signs and all that! The Retinol works on a deeper cellular level prompting cell growth and repair, pushing older cells to the surface while the glycolic and lactic acids work to exfoliate the photo-damaged, abnormal cells that can make you, sadly, lose your glow, boys and girls. Age-Limit first then your fabulous Retinol Peptide Resurfacing Complex.
- Use it with our best-selling Vitamin C+ Firming Serum – C first then Retinol. This could be our favorite antioxidant power couple actually! Free radicals run for their lives in the face of this powerful duo. And what’s the result? Not just super protection for your elastin and collagen cells but super nutrition to help make loads more of both, darlings!
- Use it with your F*a*C*E Synergy Serum – F*a*C*E first then Retinol. There’s chronological aging and then there’s photo-aging. Does it matter which creates the wrinkles and poor skin texture to any Glow Girls and Boy? Of course not! We just want it ALL to stop. And immediately. The best anti-aging formulas combine vitamins C, E, and A (retinol) – and then you add Ferulic Acid for that C and E booster shot, plus Niacinamide (the helicopter mom of all cells that runs around telling all the young cells to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and NO, do not overproduce melanin, please) and WOW, you have the Mother of ALL Synergistic Anti-Aging combinations. So, the answer is yes, you should definitely be using your Retinol with your F*a*C*E Synergy Serum.
- Use it with all of our Peptide-based moisturizers and serums. Retinol first, then moisturizer or peptide-based serum. What’s a peptide anyway, darlings? Well, it’s a molecule that has been engineered to coax a recalcitrant (read aging) skin cell into acting younger, more relaxed, more productive, more everything, if it’s about looking and acting like a free spirited, flexible, elastic, smooth, lovely healthy skin cell then there’s a peptide waiting to assist! In more doctorly terms, “….Through topical application, poly peptides have the ability to stimulate collagen synthesis and activate dermal metabolism…” Sounds lovely to me, darlings!
So, here’s the bottom line, Glow Girls and Boys: combining all these lovely Active Ingredients that Work™ with Retinol just means your skin is about to go on the joy ride of its life. Faster, better, enhanced results.
Get your glow on! Write me with any questions, darlings and until next time…..I remain
Dr Glow Girl